Alert. Saturday. 'Gathering new friends for the battle to change Channel 11.'
Two imminent events provide very good chances to mobilize more allies in the fight for Channel 11.
1. August 20, this Saturday evening! Come to the live(!) Millennium Park broadcast of the WTTW anniversary 'bash'. http://wttw.com/50/.
- Bring paper and pen to get contact information from people you will talk to. Bring friends. And signs for the cameras, if you can.
- "Elites, Affluence, and Advertising!" ... "Community TV, Not Commercial TV!" ... "Stop advertising to children!" ... "Dump WTTW Corporation!" ... "Working Class Media!" ... "Dump the Board!" ... "Journalism, not Crain's and Sirott!" ... "No license renewal!" ... "PUBLIC television, not WTTW Inc.!" ... "Charity for Bank Corporations?" ... "chicago media action DOT org!" ...
- Meet up at the northwest corner of the band shell's lawn area at about 7 p.m. The live broadcast special event begins at 7:30 p.m. Millions will be watching.
2. August 28, Sunday. Come to "The 2nd Annual WTTW Kids Fun and Run" event for kids and families. 9:00 a.m. to Noon at Cannon Drive just South of Fullerton in Chicago
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this
website are those of the individual members of Chicago Media
Action who authored them, and not necessarily those of the entire
membership of Chicago Media Action, nor of Chicago Media Action
as an organization.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.